If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
- Our Collection of your Personal Data
In choosing to use Chimbra as your CRM and/or Project Management software you must provide certain information that without would make the system unusable. This information includes:
- Your full name (first and last)
- Your company name
- Your contact email address
- Your Postal address
- Contact emails and postal address for accounts and billing purposes
- Contact phone numbers
Your nominated team may use Chimbra and will provide their full names, and nominated email addresses (usually company addresses). The email address they provide will be used to send them notifications of activity relating to your company within Chimbra. Any other data collected about your team within your use of the Application is subject to your own internal privacy agreements.
We operate our own Chimbra account where we hold your Personal Data for the purpose of our own accounting, legal and marketing information. In this account the minimum Personal Data we hold about you is:
- Email address
- Full name
- Your subscription details
We may also hold more data about you that we manually enter such as your public social media accounts, contact persons within your Company, your Skype address, and we may upload a profile image of you such as a logo from your website. This information allows us to have a better knowledge and relationship with you, our customers. During interactions such as meetings or phone calls we will record notes from those interactions as well as recording email interactions.
We may hold details of members of your team that we interact with also in our Chimbra account. These are the same sorts of details that we hold about companies such as company emails, and meetings.
- Our Clients use of Chimbra for data processing
- In the event that you require access your Personal Data in accordance with your Rights and Legislation we will work with our clients to respond and take action within a reasonable timeframe. We may require further information from you to verify your identity in these situations. We are not responsible however for our clients' use of information they collect on the Application.
- Other non-personal data collected by Chimbra
- We display content from other external platforms on our website that may collect non-personal identification information about your usage whenever you interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include, but is not limited to, the browser name, operating system, IP address, versions, the type of computer and other technical information about your device and software. You are advised to consult the Privacy Policies of these services independently. These are:
- Google and Facebook Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Fonts, Google Maps and You Tube Video Widget, Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising Platform, DoubleClick for Advertisers, Facebook Custom Audience, Google Tag Manager, Sitehost, MouseFlow and Cloudflare.
- Sharing your Personal Data
- Chimbra does not share your Personal Data within anyone - full stop! We may ask on occasions to use the logo or testimonials or case studies of our client’s of Chimbra in our marketing material but only once explicit approval has been received from you.
- Our usage of your Personal Data
- Without the above prescribed Personal Data we would be unable to provide you access to the Application. Above and beyond the information you provide to access the Application, we use your Personal Data detailed above to:
Improve our customer service to you. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service enquiries and support needs more efficiently;
Improve the Chimbra Application. We may use feedback you provide to improve your Application. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our clients as a group use the Application and all channels of communication. We use it to diagnose and fix problems you might have while using Chimbra;
Process payments. We may use the information you provide for processing your subscription service. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the Application as outlined above.
Comply with accounting and legal legislation. In some cases we use your data to invoice you, keep you in our accounting system or in the legal archives as needed by the law.
Inform you of new functionality, products, promotions, surveys or other company improvement or training activities. We send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
Send periodic emails. We may use the email address you provide to send you information and updates pertaining to Chimbra and South Inc services. Your email address will also be used to respond to your enquiries, questions, send you any invoices, and/or other requests. We may use the email address you provide to send you emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Transactional emails. Chimbra uses the email addresses of our clients team members for in-system notifications about activity relating exclusively to the clients company.
- How we protect your Personal Data?
- We do everything possible to protect your data. This includes but is not limited to HTTPS/SSL, SSH and other encryption protocols for data access. Sensitive and private data exchange between our Application and any Third Party solutions as detailed above happens mostly over a HTTPS/SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital encryption keys.
- Our servers are protected by firewalls. We use Cloudflare to provide a further layer of protection. Any subscription payment processing is in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for you. We adopt appropriate data protection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data, passwords if any, transaction information, any content and data stored on our servers. All members of our team including developers have all signed IP Releases and Confidentiality Agreements.
- However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error, so our Application is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Nonetheless we do our very best to make sure your data is and remains 100% confidential.
- Your Rights and Choices
- As a client of Chimbra and South Inc you have the right to delete and discontinue your Chimbra account and immediately remove all data at anytime. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to action this. You have the right to object to the processing and collection of your Personal Data from our own Chimbra account used for marketing and customer service as outlined above, and to withdraw your consent at any time, except where otherwise determined by applicable law. Please understand that removing yourself from our databases may jeopardise our ability to provide you with the Application.
- You can unsubscribe from e-mails from any emails from Chimbra or SouthInc by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our communications or by notifying us in person via email at email@example.com. Please keep in mind that the e-mail unsubscribe settings only apply to the type of email which you unsubscribe to if you are receiving emails from more than one of our services.
- If you are a customer of someone using Chimbra you can request at any time the export and provision to you of the Personal Data that is being held within the application on you and/or the deletion of your Personal Data from all our systems. As prescribed above in this situation we will work with our client using Chimbra for expedite this process in reasonable time. For your protection we may take steps to verify your identity before providing you the requested information. Please note that there may be elements of your Personal Data that must be retained for a period of time following your request for deletion based on accounting and legal legislation.
- Using is acceptance of these terms
- By using Chimbra, perusing our marketing website and communicating with us on the other channels such as LiveChat, Facebook Messenger, phone and email you are accepting this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please immediately stop using our Application and advise us to delete your account. Your continued use of the Application following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- Cookies Policy
- Some of the cookies that you may encounter using our website or Application are:
- Functional cookies:
- When you login we store a unique ID number and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your computer. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Application without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so that the Application remembers you next time. Cookies are used extensively in Ajax functionality for the period of your web sessions to make for fast loading pages and limited calls to the database which will slow down the application.
- Analytics tool:
- Service cookies:
- You can turn off cookies on your computer
- Modern web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) allow you to either block cookies or to be notified of their presence. Instructions on how to do this is in the privacy or help documentation of your browser. However, it is most likely that the Chimbra Application will not perform properly if cookies are disallowed for the reasons explained above.
- More information